Young Alumni Support
You picked Denison because it’s the package deal – a place to learn, grow, play and prepare for what’s next. Your gift keeps it that way. As a donor, you help open the doors for current students – just like generations of alumni did for you.
During the one-month Young Alumni Giving Challenge, 213 alumni supported Denison with their gift to the Annual Fund. We appreciate the excitement supporting this Challenge and because our your generosity, the O’Neill family donated an additional $10,000 to Denison! Every Annual Fund gift makes an important impact on the daily life of the college, as well as its national reputation, so thank you to our many young alumni donors from the Classes of 2007-2015 for supporting Denison this year.
As a recent graduate, your participation is important. Your gifts support the students, faculty, staff and programs that are distinctive to the Denison educational experience and your participation symbolizes your confidence in the future direction of the college.
Read on to learn more…
Participation is Key
Denison’s strength comes from the generations of alumni who have invested in the college. Each year, over a third of Denison’s alumni support the Annual Fund to provide for financial aid and scholarships, academic programs, faculty, technology and athletics. Incoming students and families look to the strengths of these aspects of the college when determining if Denison is the right choice.
Imagine the possibilities if even more alumni contribute back. This is why young alumni participation is crucial for the college to move forward.
As you consider your top philanthropic priorities, consider what Denisonians did for you as a student. Take the opportunity to do the same for the next generation.
Making a Gift is Easy
The number one way to increase the power of your philanthropic support is to take advantage of monthly giving. It’s simple – divide your gift into manageable installments using your credit card.
Of course single gifts are gladly welcomed. Give online or send a check payable to “Denison University” to PO Box 716, Granville, OH 43023. If you have a few minutes to spare, give us a call to contribute by phone 1-877-336-8648 opt. 2. We enjoy the opportunity to chat with our alumni!
Don’t forget to check if your employer or your spouse’s employer will match your gift. Use our Matching Gift Lookup to find details. A matching gift can increase the impact of your support.
The Big Red Society
As a recent graduate, your participation is especially important and worth recognizing. As you consider your level of support we invite you to join the Big Red Society with a gift of $50 or more.
If you have the capability, consider honoring your Denison experience by going the extra mile with a G.O.L.D. (Graduates of the Last Decade) Leadership gift. To go G.O.L.D., alumni who are one to four years out from graduation are asked to give a minimum gift of $250, while alumni of the last five to nine years start at $500 for their annual gift.
Big Red Society donors enjoy several perks:
- The satisfaction of knowing your gift makes a difference. It represents your investment in Denison’s future and the value of your degree.
- Invitations to Big Red Society events in major cities and on campus.
- Recognition in the Donor Report among many other generous and loyal Denison alumni.
- Exclusive campus updates from the University President (G.O.L.D. Leadership donors only).
- E-coupons for the Denison University bookstore (gifts from January – July receive coupon in August / gifts from August – December receive coupon in January). Discount levels are as follows:
|Levels||10% Coupon||20% Coupon|
|1-4 years out||$50 – $250 donors||$250+ donors|
|5-9 years out||$50 – $499 donors||$500+ donors|
To qualify for a giving society, make your total gift between July 1 and June 30. Gifts to Denison Annual Fund are tax deductible in the United States allowed by law.
Many young alumni do more than give back; they get involved. And they discover whole new ways to connect with each other and the college. Here are a few of those ways:
- CLASS AGENT PROGRAM: Be that personal touch between your class and Denison. Personally reach out and encourage classmates to stay engaged and to support the college.
- 5th OR 10th REUNION COMMITTEES: When Reunion comes around, it’s time to raise the roof. Help rally class giving and attendance in the months leading up to Reunion Weekend.
Training, resources and support are provided by Denison Annual Fund staff to all volunteers.